6 Ways to Save You Money - Solar Panels, Radiant Barrier, Insulation
What Key Energy Solutions does is work to solve your inefficiency issues with innovative and cost effective green solutions. Below we have listed, in order of effectiveness, what we feel are the best things we can do for your home. Every home is different and may benefit greater from different methods of increasing home efficiency, but each of the things below will make a difference for you.
1. Radiant Barrier - Single handily the most cost effective thing you can do for your home. This is the only technology currently available that STOPS radiant heat loss or gain in your home. It's so effective this is what NASA uses to protect our astronauts in space. Most other methods and products slow the process of heat transfer, but our specially designed radiant barrier simply stops it. You can see a realistic decrease of 8-12% on your utility bills from the moment we finish. Some will save much more, and there are people who tell us they save over 35%. This is simply the best!
2. Air Sealing - This is a service rather then a product, but a service that will pay huge returns. Your home has many small leaks, roughly estimated to be a 2' x 2' hole, that the air you paid to warm or cool will escape through. This will often create a vacuum effect in your home creating drafts that circulate air throughout your home and into your attic. It makes your home less comfortable and costs you money! We find as many of these holes as possible and plug them up. It may seem a little more abstract, but the savings wont be!
3. Solar Attic Fan - Your attic gets hot, it's a fact of owning a home. Our solar attic fan will circulate the air in your attic with the cooler outside air. This will reduce the temperature in your attic, reduce moisture buildup, help prevent mold and mildew, save you money, and because it's solar powered you'll never pay a single cent to make it run. Our solar attic fans are made by a company who loves what they do and put the highest quality into their products. It is powder coated, made of pressed aluminium, and is guaranteed to last 25 years. We love these fans, and we know you will too. These also qualify for 65% off in tax rebates!
4. Insulation - Most homes in the US are under insulated. By adding more insulation you will save money, it's that simple. We will evaluate how much insulation you have, identify how much more you need, and if you want put more in.
5. Solar Power - What could be better then free electricity? Key Energy Solutions can provide both turn-key solar installation and fully customized photovoltaic systems for your home. We have some of the best solar panel pricing in Raleigh, which means a quicker return on investment for our customers! Best part is there still are rebates and tax credits available, which means that in many cases about 70% of your solar panel installation will be paid back to you through huge tax credits and rebates. Many of our Raleigh/Durham customers can have the cost of their solar panel installations pay for itself in 5 to 8 years. Don't hesitate to call, we can do a full solar panel analysis on your home or business, to provide you with all the info you would need to make the right choice to install solar panels.
6. Hot Water Heater Jacket - By covering your hot water heater with our special insulated radiant barrier you will save a lot of money. Your hot water heater gives off radiant heat all day long as it heats your water. This radiant heat is often just lost and wasted. Our jacket not only reflects that radiant heat back into the water it also has an R-value of 4, which means it will slow conductive heat too! Your hot water heater will have to run less often, and will stay warmer longer. Simply put you save money.
Give us a call, (919) 228-9539, and we will figure out which combination of products make sense for your budget and home.